Now hiring TACO DETAIL:
Duties to include taco assembly, cashier, prep cook, line cook and more.
Gov’t Taco is looking for several part-time to full-time employees that are lovers of tacos, outgoing and friendly to join our Taco Detail. We pride ourselves on being hard-working and fast-paced, but always have fun with what we do. We are a super passionate team that feeds off of creativity, so we will constantly be adding to our menu to keep things interesting, seasonal and local. We are looking for individuals that match our mindset and standards and want to be part of Baton Rouge’s progressive culinary scene.
Minimum Qualifications, Knowledge and Skills:
- Passion and enthusiasm for the food world
- The ability to speak clearly and listen attentively to customers & employees
- A cheerful and helpful attitude, professional appearance, exceptional customer service, ability to be part of a team
- The ability to demonstrate an understanding of the menu
- The ability to follow recipes and sanitation requirements
- Willingness to be cross-trained in all areas of the kitchen and front of house
- The ability to lift and/or move up to 40 pounds
- The ability to bend, twist, and stand to perform normal job functions
- Food preparation and/or service skills including being comfortable working with sharp knives, utensils, and hot equipment
- Prefer a minimum of 6 months in restaurant industry.
Gov’t Taco, a Jay Ducote (Founding Father) concept led by Majority Whip Therese Schneider, will opened in May 2018 in Baton Rouge’s White Star Market. Gov’t Taco’s the name, modern American tacos are the game. Using the taco as a vehicle for all things creative and delicious, Gov’t Taco is at the forefront of Baton Rouge’s thriving and growing culinary scene.
As a booth in a communal food hall, Gov’t Taco boasts an open floor plan, so every position will deal with both food and customers. We are only seeking individuals with a passion for food and people and a willingness to work all sides of the quick-service restaurant industry.
LOCATION: BATON ROUGE, LA, White Star Market, 4624 Government St.
POSITION TYPE: Taco Detail – 3 Openings – Part Time to Full Time – Hourly + tip share:
Our Taco Detail makes up the majority of our kitchen cabinet. This position includes front and back of house responsibilities. Duties will include taco assembly and working the point-of-sale system. They will also be asked to perform opening and closing duties, help prep in the kitchen, and work the line in the booth, depending on cooking experience and interest. Anyone with experience as a host, server, cook, restaurant/food service position or has a profound interest in the culinary arts and is looking for their first food-service job, is invited to apply.
Application Period: July 1, 2018 until positions are filled
Start Date: ASAP